Lutherans have had a tremendous history with being good energy stewards – but we have a long way to go. There is a broad range of steps to be taken that all make progress in the long run for the environment and for a congregation’s budget. Our houses of worship can either be a beacons of sustainability to our neighbors or a draw on the community’s power – what does God call of us?
- NEW for 2023: Join a cohort of fellow ELCA churches taking up the challenge to measure their carbon footprint and take steps in the right direction! (Watch the August 2023 Connections Call with their team here. Resources noted in Chat Log here.)
- Find out if there is an Energy Steward you would like to contact within our ELCA networks in facilities and investments who could give you advise by looking at our Map (click here).
- Explore the FREE EPA’s Energy Star Portfolio Manager program (which has more Lutherans registered users than any other denomination – so far). Check out (click here) their entire pdf guides here for free.
- Be inspired by reading about stories from the ELCA realm who have had great experiences saving energy while freeing up more money to be used in other ministries!
- Reach out to your local utility and/or regional Interfaith Power and Light for insight as to local support for energy savings and alternative choice options.