What can YOU do to get congregations in your area thinking about Caring for Creation as part of church?
1. Host a Presentation or Workshop:
- No need to start from scratch – we have many templates that you can use as is or add to. Also plenty of resources are available that connect with a broad range of themes depending on the synod’s theme. Contact us to have materials sent/attached to you directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your gathering is looking for special guests – check our list of speakers and see what other “Green Shepherds” may be in your area.
2. Care for Creation Worship:
- Incorporate care for creation into your synod worship services/ Explore our wide array of sample bulletins and services. Especially check out our ecumenical companion site: www.letallcreationpraise.org.
3. Propose resolutions:
- See here examples of environmental resolutions offered by synods.
- Find out how and when resolutions are submitted for your synod’s next assembly directly from your synod office (look up the contact info here).
4. Host a display table with information:
- Print out a few sample materials and be sure to have people sign up for more information (you can use this form [Sign-IN-at-Events-sheet.pd] scan/email it back to us and then we’ll send back a list of everyone in your synod who has interest in this ministry!) Set up a computer(if wi-fi is available) and share some video educational tools.
- Stories. Showcase examples of what is happening in the congregations of your synod and ask for more stories – from gardening together, to washing dishes rather than throwing them away. Celebrate what everyone has to offer!
5. Use Environmental “best practices” at your synod assembly
- See our LRC guide: Planning and Carrying Out Green Events