Listen to them share experiences and resources on this recorded call (click to hear) and explore the resources below for more information on this topic.
*There is interest in brainstorming more ways our ELCA communities can accompany the efforts of indigenous peoples. If you are interested in joining a cohort on this topic please complete a Contact Us form (click).*
- A call from Cherokee Nation citizen and fellow Lutheran: Vance Blackfox
See also his 2017 Reflection of Repudiation of Doctrine of Discovery
- Watch this (click)! A panel of remarkable perspectives shared at the 2020 Vine Deloria Jr. Theological Symposium in collaboration between Other+Wise and Lutheran School of Theology in Chicago (11/17-18).
- Just Lutheran – Taking tangible steps to minimize bias.
- ELCA’s American Indian and Alaska Native Ministries
- Reparations, voluntary tax models :
The Shuumi Land Tax
- Land Acknowledgement Panel from Ohlone Land (April 2020)
- Honor Native Land (4 minute overview)
- Guide to Land Acknowledgement
- Who are the first earth-keepers on the land you stand on?
- Whose Land of the Free? a reflection