July 2021 Connections Call Recording & Related Resources:
Hear as Sarah & Brandon Bowers describe their methods of raising animals as food and reflect on their experiences as family on a farm. Listen for their perspectives as this is a ministry of stewardship education:
Telling someone to give up that burger in their hand seems to be the most ineffective way to start a dialogue about solving environmental crisis, but that doesn’t negate the fact that the way we produce food is intricately connected with our damaging relationship with the earth. Below is a collection of perspectives that may help you launch a faithful discussion with those who are open to learning more about how what they eat impacts the rest of the planet.
- Try following one of the Action Plans through CreatureKind: Engaging churches in new ways of thinking about animals and Christian faith, with a special focus on farmed animal welfare.
- Watch “Kiss the Ground” or explore their site along with others in Bible Study or Youth group.
- Explore a variety of alternative agricultural opportunities and perspectives: Food-Faith-Farming
- Cutting Greenhouse Gases From Food Production Is Urgent, Scientists Say
- “Eat this way to Save the World!” – Guardian article June 2021
- “What Climate Scientists Are Saying About This Catastrophic Summer” – Article from Slate – July 2021 – Read about “pre-traumatic stress disorder” and consider all the ways our local faith communities are especially needed for action, relief and perspective.
- Visit our Map of Creation Care Ministries!