For such a time as this … Lexington Theological Seminary’s new Creation Care Continuing Education option for pastors and congregational lay leaders prepares you for more effective leadership as we unpack issues that directly impact ministry today. This six-course series is designed to meet the needs of today’s leaders in the church, allowing you to study online and earn 8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) within a 12-month timeline, culminating in a Certificate in Continuing Education. Beginning in September 2020, Creation Care will consist of the following courses:
- Sallie McFague Environmental Theology (September 2020) Dr. Emily Askew
- Climate Change: Caring for Our Planet, Caring for Ourselves (October 2020) Rev. Dr. Richard R. Coble
- Church, Society, and the Ethics of Global Warming (November 2020) Rev. Dr. Christy Newton.
- Food and Faith (March 2021) Rev. Dr. Wilson Dickinson,
- Creation Crisis Preaching and Worship (April 2021) Rev. Dr. Leah Schade
- Womanism, Creation Care, and Justice (May 2021) Dr. Mitzi J. Smith
Tuition – $1,100 + fees, with option for monthly payments and lump sum discount.
Applications must be completed by July 15, 2020. apply.lextheo.edu