During the season of Lent (or any other time of introspection), share these resources with your Bible Study group, Worship committee, Youth Group, Church Council or just for your own personal Lenten journey:
- Print out +/or share day-to-day tools using any of these calendars or check lists:
- Thanks to the Delaware-Maryland Synod’s Creation Care Ministry for sharing a 2022 Lenten Calendar with daily ideas and inspiration: (Click to Download.)
- 100 Things You Can do to Help the Climate Crisis! from YES Magazine
- Try what hundreds of Lutheran Youth already pledged to do differently in their daily lives. After reading about how we are connected to our global neighbor (here), consider a few changes you can make. (Click here for online pledge form).
- Lenten Calendar & Toolkit by Creation Justice Ministries
- ELCA Young Adults challenge us all to have #NoPlasticsforLent – Take their 2022 pledge here!
- Consider using any of these books as a personal devotional +/or in an online book study with friends/church members:
> A Grounded Faith: Reconnecting with Creator and Creation in the Season of Lent (2022)
> Prayer Book for our Planet: Solutions for Social Justice and Environmental Change, by Marybeth Gallagher
> Awakening to God’s Call for Earthkeeping
- How about trying a few of the Act! suggestions in this Ecological Christianity Through The Ten Commandments.
- The Low Carbon Diet (tools here) is a fun challenge for groups to reduce their carbon footprint. For the most trusted carbon calculations go to the EPA’s tool (here).