As we prepare for the season of Lent, share these resources with your Bible Study group, Worship committee , Church Council or just for your own personal Lenten journey:
- Consider using any of these books as a personal devotional +/or in an online book study with friends/church members
> Prayer Book for our Planet: Solutions for Social Justice and Environmental Change, by Marybeth Gallagher
> Awakening to God’s Call for Earthkeeping – follow along for several weeks as a group study – wonderfully non-partisan and easy to follow.
- ELCA Young Adults challenge us all to have #NoPlasticsforLent – check out the ongoing conversation and inspiration on their blog page (here).
- Challenge your whole household, congregation or office to A Carbon Fast! Calendar and social media tools.
- Try what hundreds of Lutheran Youth already pledged to do differently in their daily lives. After reading about how we are connected to our global neighbor (here), consider a few changes you can make – at least over Lent! (Click here for online pledge form).
- How about trying a few of the Act! suggestions in this Ecological Christianity Through The Ten Commandments.
- The Low Carbon Diet (tools here) is a fun challenge for groups to reduce their carbon footprint. For the most trusted carbon calculations go to the EPA’s tool (here).
- Could you give up Single Use Plastics for Lent like these churches did in 2019? (See full article here – and tell us if you want more details and to join others in this challenge.)
- A Lenten Calendar is shared by Creation Justice Ministries (along with many other free education resources).