We are grateful for the work of Faith Action Team with Citizens’ Climate Lobby and eager to share that a growing number of synods are lifting up policies endorsed by Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL). (See live spreadsheet here of those local efforts.) These efforts are all within our toolbox to urgently move to a just transition, which will drastically reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. To learn more about the concept and movement watch the May 24, 2022 Connections Call here and explore the links below.
More information & background:
- Created June 8, 2022: FAQ on ELCA Carbon Pricing Basics and Carbon Fee & Dividend explained
- Join and follow the CCL Lutheran Faith Action Team and have access to all their updated resources
- Download: May 24’s Chat Log with links and Q&A
- ELCA’s Advocacy response to the 2019 Churchwide Assembly’s request to explore the complicated issue of Carbon Pricing: Download and share with your church.
- March 1, 2021 recording explaining the creation of a CCL Faith Action Team
- How does the current policy proposal speak to the issues raised by ELCA’s Carbon Pricing primer?: ELCA Carbon Pricing Principles and the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act (03-01-21)
- Click here for Presentation Slides by Bob Lindmeier, Senior Chief Meteorologist, WKOW TV & ELCA Synod Creation Care Team
- Watch a variety of educational videos regarding Carbon Issues on our YouTube channel (here).
Conference Resolution Template ELCA Advocacy and Carbon Pricing
(Lutherans Restoring Creation Board of Directors unanimously endorsed an “Advocacy for the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act” template resolution (3/2021)
Synod Assembly Resolution Template ELCA Advocacy and Carbon Pricing